Here are a few interesting facts that you may not know about people and their dental care:
1. 60% of people aged 65 and over regret not looking after their teeth in earlier life.
2. 43% of the UK workforce is allowed to take paid time off work to visit their dentist.
3. People who only brush once a day are a third more likely to develop tooth decay.
4. Visiting the dentist annually reduces the risk of tooth decay by 60%
5. Teeth/Smiles are rated the second most important attraction feature, after personality, and the most important body feature surveyed including body shape, height, hair, face and eyes. Source: (British Dental Health Foundation, 2013, nationalsmilemonth.org)
6. According to Sally Cram, DDS, spokeswoman for American Dental Association: Recent studies have found a link between poor oral health and gum disease with serious conditions such as heart disease.(webmd.com/heart-disease)
So now you know!